Before you decide to volunteer in a research study you may have some
questions, such as:
- What is a clinical trial?
- What are my rights as a research subject?
- Are there benefits of participating in research?
- Are there risks or side effects?
- What questions should I ask?
- What is informed consent?
You can view the Veterans Health Administration pamphlet for
volunteering in the research VA Research Pamphlet.
All of our studies are reviewed by both the UCSD Human Research Protections
Program and the VA Research & Development Committee. We follow the Good
Clinical Practices set forth by the FDA and ICH.